It's that time of year again...Shark Week! In this episode we share some recent sharky news from our shark surrounded state, and then list off some great places around Florida to experience sharks; either through glass, on a boat, in the water, or just with a cocktail in your hand on the beach.
This show includes:
- Florida researchers discover new shark species, name it for founder of Sarasota's MOTE Marine Labratory & Aquarium
- Giant goliath grouper eats shark in one gulp (video)
- Texas woman arrested for taking 40 live conch shells in Key West.
- It's Shark Week! Our best places in Florida to experience and see sharks in the Sunshine State.
- Sharkys on the Pier in Venice, FL - voted best beach bar in Florida.
- Caspersen Beach in Venice, FL - "Shark Tooth Capital of the World"
- New Smyrna Beach in Volusia County - "Shark Attack Capital of the World"
- Shark-Con - yearly shark, scuba, and ocean conservation event
- Florida Aquarium in Tampa, FL
- MOTE Marine Labratory & Aquarium in Sarasota, FL
- Florida Shark Diving in Jupiter, FL
- Contact us!
- Website: www.SunshineStatePodcast.com
- Twitter: @FloridaPodcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/floridapodcast
- Email: Contact@sunshinestatepodcast.com